Expert Tips for Packing Holiday Ornaments and Decor for a Safe Move
As the holiday season approaches, the excitement of decorating our homes with beautiful ornaments and festive decor adds to the cheer. However, if you’re planning a move during this time, packing these delicate items can be a challenge. At Alliance Relocation Services, we understand the sentimental and monetary value of your holiday decorations. In this blog post, we’ll share expert tips on how to pack your holiday ornaments and decor safely and efficiently for your upcoming move.
1. Gather the Right Packing Materials: Start by collecting the right packing materials. You’ll need sturdy boxes, bubble wrap, tissue paper, packing peanuts, and strong packing tape. For extra delicate items, consider using specialty ornament boxes with dividers.
2. Categorize Your Decorations: Before packing, categorize your decorations. Separate fragile items from more durable ones. This will help you determine the amount and type of packing material needed for each category.
3. Wrap Ornaments Individually: Wrap each ornament individually in bubble wrap or tissue paper. For extra fragile pieces, consider double wrapping. Once wrapped, place them in the specialty boxes or a sturdy box with dividers.
4. Secure Strings and Hooks: Ensure that strings and hooks on ornaments are secured or removed to prevent tangling and potential damage.
5. Use Packing Peanuts for Extra Cushioning: Fill any empty spaces in the boxes with packing peanuts or crumpled tissue paper to prevent movement during transit.
6. Pack Larger Decor Items Separately: For larger decor items like wreaths and tabletop displays, use appropriately sized boxes. Wrap them in bubble wrap and fill the empty spaces in the box for added protection.
7. Label Boxes Clearly: Label each box clearly with “Fragile – Holiday Decor.” This will alert anyone handling the boxes to do so with extra care.
8. Consider Climate Control for Sensitive Items: If your decorations are sensitive to temperature changes (like wax candles), consider a climate-controlled moving solution.
9. Don’t Overpack Boxes: Avoid overpacking boxes. Heavier items should go in smaller boxes to make them easier to carry.
10. Last-Minute Packing Tips: Finally, if you’re packing at the last minute, focus on the most delicate items first. Use clothes, linens, or even paper towels as alternative padding materials if necessary.
Conclusion: Packing holiday ornaments and decor requires patience and care. By following these tips from Alliance Relocation Services, you can ensure your cherished holiday items arrive safely at your new home. Remember, planning and using the right materials are key to a successful move. For more moving tips and assistance, contact us at 877-242-0409.